Chennai (ex Madras) (INMAA)
Chennai Port, also known as the Chennai Port Trust, is a major port located in the city of Chennai (formerly known as Madras) in the Indian state of Tamil Nadu. It is the third busiest port in India in terms of cargo volume and one of the largest container ports on the east coast of India. Here is some information about Chennai Port:
|Name of Port||Chennai Port|
|Location||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
|Authority||Chennai Port Trust|
|Nearest Airport||Chennai International Airport (20 km away)|
|Liquid Cargo Terminal||6|
|Dry Bulk Cargo Terminal||5|
|General Cargo Terminal||5|
|Year||Total Cargo (in million tonnes)||Total Containers (TEUs)|
- Cargo handling for various types of cargo such as containers, liquid cargo, dry bulk cargo, and general cargo
- Ro-Ro (Roll-on/Roll-off) services for wheeled cargo such as cars and trucks
- Cruise services for tourists
- Warehousing facilities
- Pilotage services
- Tug services
- Bunkering services
- Ship repair and maintenance facilities
Chennai Port offers a range of services, including:
- Road: The port is connected to major cities in Tamil Nadu and other nearby states by a network of national highways and state highways.
- Rail: The port has its own railway station, which is connected to major cities such as Delhi, Kolkata, and Mumbai.
- Air: The nearest airport to the port is Chennai International Airport, which is located about 20 km away.
Chennai Port is well connected by road, rail, and air. Some of the major connectivity points are: