ICD Ahmedabad (INAMD)
Ahmedabad port, also known as Kandla port, is a major seaport located in the state of Gujarat, India. It is situated on the Gulf of Kutch, in the northwestern region of the country, and is one of the largest ports in India. Here is some information about Ahmedabad port:
|Name of Port||Ahmedabad Port|
|Location||Gulf of Kutch, Gujarat, India|
|Authority||Kandla Port Trust|
|Nearest Airport||Kandla Airport (10 km away)|
|Liquid Cargo Terminal||1|
|Dry Bulk Cargo Terminal||10|
|General Cargo Terminal||4|
|Year||Total Cargo (in million tonnes)||Total Containers (TEUs)|
- Cargo handling for various types of cargo such as containers, liquid cargo, dry bulk cargo, and general cargo
- Ro-Ro (Roll-on/Roll-off) services for wheeled cargo such as cars and trucks
- Warehousing facilities
- Pilotage services
- Tug services
- Bunkering services
Ahmedabad port offers a range of services, including:
- Road: The port is connected to National Highway 27, which connects it to major cities such as Ahmedabad, Rajkot, and Bhuj.
- Rail: The port has a railway station, which is connected to major cities such as Mumbai, Delhi, and Kolkata.
- Air: The nearest airport to the port is Kandla Airport, which is located just 10 km away.
Ahmedabad port is well connected by road, rail, and air. Some of the major connectivity points are: