Port Qaboos (OMOPQ)
- Muscat, Oman
- Coordinates: [Provide coordinates if available]
- Port Sultan Qaboos Authority
- Commercial Port
- Container terminals
- General cargo terminals
- Ro-Ro terminals
- Passenger terminals
- Support services and infrastructure
- Handles various types of cargo
- Facilitates passenger movements
- General cargo handling and storage
- Container handling and storage
- Ro-Ro cargo handling
- Passenger services and facilities
- Well-connected to domestic and international transportation networks
- Proximity to Muscat International Airport
- Key port in Muscat, Oman
- Facilitates trade and tourism in the region
- Contributes to Oman's economy through trade and commerce
- Supports the tourism sector
The Port of Sultan Qaboos is located in Muscat, the capital city of Oman. It is operated by the Port Sultan Qaboos Authority, responsible for managing and developing the port.
The port is classified as a commercial port and offers a range of facilities to cater to different types of cargo. These facilities include general cargo terminals, container terminals, Ro-Ro terminals, and passenger terminals. The port is equipped with support services and infrastructure to ensure smooth operations. The Port of Sultan Qaboos handles various types of cargo, facilitating trade activities in the region. It also serves as a gateway for passenger movements, providing services and facilities for travelers.
Services offered at the port encompass general cargo handling and storage, container handling and storage, and Ro-Ro cargo handling. Additionally, the port has passenger terminals that cater to the needs of travelers.
In terms of connectivity, the Port of Sultan Qaboos is well-connected to both domestic and international transportation networks. Its proximity to Muscat International Airport enhances its accessibility and intermodal connectivity.
The port holds significant importance as a key port in Muscat, contributing to trade and commerce in Oman. It plays a crucial role in facilitating the movement of goods and passengers, supporting economic activities and promoting tourism in the region.
The Port of Sultan Qaboos contributes to Oman's economy by facilitating trade and commerce, attracting investment, and supporting the tourism sector. It serves as a vital link between Oman and the global market, enhancing the country's economic growth and development. Overall, the Port of Sultan Qaboos is an essential maritime infrastructure in Muscat, serving as a key facilitator of trade, tourism, and economic prosperity in Oman.